React to Fear
Waking up this morning from a most beautiful dream, I experienced an unspeakable fear when I was a child. It was the very same fear that stopped my dreams for decades. I felt I must tell you about how fear can rob you. Thus this article to help you to go forward with your dreams.
You have dreams, desires and the need to be fulfilled. But for fear, success remains a dream. A funny thing fear, it’s in your mind but freezes your body. It makes a 150 kg (330lb.) man cringe when mum yells at him because he forgot the garbage.
Without action we are unable to manifest it into reality our dear dreams we’ve had since childhood. Of course, there are other dreams and desires we build up throughout our lives. However, it’s that darn fear that brings us to paralysis.
Fear is a reaction that only seems to help us by lying to ourselves. Our minds in the guise of pretending to avoid pain and embarrassment, gives all kinds of excuses and blame to avoid crossing the bridge. It’s the choice of overcoming the obstacles because there is beauty. Yet the dreamer is blinded to the success on the other side.
Fear and Failure
In our determination to achieve success, we often mistakenly try to force our way towards it. But, in doing so, we are inadvertently pushing away what we want. That act of fighting begets more fighting, not the pleasure of the win. It’s then no wonder that it seems no matter how we react the outcome appears already set.
Let me explain. Sometimes, when we try so hard not to react a certain way we fail and blame ourselves. The solution is not in the reaction like what most people and doctors will do in treating only the symptoms. You treat the cause to properly cure the disease. Find the root cause and you’ll be able to turn failure into success.
I hope that was clear enough. If not, here’s another way of looking at it. Maybe as a child you may have had certain experiences that were developed or instilled into your psyche. So when a similar situation or circumstance occurs you behave that way without giving it a thought. It seems the natural thing to do. Over time as you grow, you realize certain reactions are not healthy or helping you with the situation and you try to fix the reaction only, but the problems remain for the next time.
A Simple Self Help Solution
Here are 8 steps you can take to help yourself.
1) Identify the environment that triggers such a reaction and the cause.
2) You go within yourself.
3) You meditate.
4) You begin first with the intention of what you want.
5) Sit in a quiet environment, let your mind ease, if thoughts come to you acknowledge it and allow it to flow freely.
6) Thoughts or visions will surface – do not fight it, feel guilty about it, feel angry, or judge it.
7) Thoughts will remain until with continued practice you discipline your mind/thoughts and create the results you desire. This is one of rules of the Laws of Attraction.
8) Then what will happen during one of the meditational practices, you will witness the scenario when you had reacted to a situation. Instead of participating in this reaction, you watch from the place of a watcher:
- watch your body language,
- your breath,
- your feelings,
- why you are behaving such a way.
- Did you have a choice?
- What would you do if you could do it over again?
Turn Loss To Gain
Why remain on that path of pain and loss? You can choose to win. Gain is there for you. Take heart and courage.
Most things in life have been governed, triggered, carried on unconsciously and eventually consciously because of fear. Fear of losing someone’s approval, love, companionship, friendship, jobs and so on, we compromise ourselves, our dignity, integrity, respect, peace, harmony, love and what we stand for, who we are.